Secret Garden

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Auld Lang Syne

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Stevie, this is for you:


And I'll email you a ghost story, I promise. Soon.


So, I went shopping today for boots. The pair I saw in the store the other day weren't (:::Gasp:::) leather, so I looked around online at one of our local cowboy stores, and found several pair that would suit me. We headed out to CowtownBoots, and I got a whiff of leather when we opened the first set of doors. It made me giddy! Giddy, I tell you!  We walked in and I felt an adreniline rush, kinda like you'd experience when you're getting ready to do your first free fall base jump or something.  I haven't felt that way in years.  I have wanted to replace my cowboy boots for forever.  Silly, I know, to get so excited about a pair of freakin' boots.  (Or maybe it was the thought of all those real live cowboys who might be inside.)  I spent way more than I wanted to, but they should last me a good long time.


I bought this lovely pair, and put another on hold in my mind for a later date:


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I forgot to mention, when I picked up my check from work on Thursday, Doc had added on a very generous Christmas bonus.  I was both surprised and shocked.  Maybe I can afford that other pair of boots after all.  Heh.
    Just fooling around with the camera, but I liked these two pics:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I took this picture the other day, just before the sun was to come up.  Yes, it looks lovely, until you realize that's "The Brown Cloud" of smog that hangs over Phoenix on most days.  It's been particularly bad the past few weeks, as there's been no wind. 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

 


A nearly smog free sunrise looks thusly: Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I reckon that's about all I've got for today!


 

Auld Lang Syne

Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and days of auld lang syne?
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and days of auld lang syne?
And here's a hand, my trusty friend
And gie's a hand o' thine
We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet
For auld lang syne

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home