Secret Garden

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Happy Birthdayyyy Dear Hubbbbb-eeeee, Happy Birthday To You!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

   


    Because Hub is a birthday Scrooge (Not just a Christmas Scrooge) and never wants me to make him a cake or any other kind of fuss, I came home from my short day at work and made him a Chocolate Cheesecake Flan with caramel sauce, which sounds much fancier than it actually is.  It's basically just a firm baked pudding with carmelized sugar.  It smells pretty good.
    One year I made Hub a meat loaf in a tiered cake pan, then "frosted" it with mushroom/sour cream gravy.  Ha!  I showed him!  He got a birthday "cake" after all!
    Then I made lunch for Doc and I for tomorrow, since it's my day to "bring."  I made Thai spinach dip, to be served with veggie dippers.  Which is to say: cut up raw veggies.  It's a pretty unusual dip made with sour cream, fresh spinach and mint, soy sauce, peanut butter and crushed red pepper.  Onion.  I bet it would taste great with onion in it.  And garlic, too!  Doc brought in Persian soup yesterday that his wife made and it was awesome!
     Last night I was going to make the Mexican Wedding Cakes to put into Duke's "Critmas" box, but I was just too lethargic.  I've got the ingredients out now, coming to room temp, and maybe they'll actually get done tonight.  I haven't even made one loaf of Blaine's beloved pumpkin bread yet, either.  Maybe this weekend I can whip out a few loaves of that and the yearly batch of Extra Hot Super Spicy Catch Your Tongue Afire Chex Mix.  Mmmm.  I could live on that stuff, and so could the boys.  The Grinch isn't too fond of it. I have to be careful and control myself, it's got too many carbs for a diabetic ... and I could really oink out on the stuff if I'm not mindful.
    We've been rather busy at work lately, which is a good thing.  Doc didn't leave me any dictations this morning, but I still spent a good two and a half hours working on charts.  (The other two hours I spent talking on the phone to Doc and cleaning the office.)  No rest for the weary, I tell ya.
    I think I figured out why I hate change.  I like things to stay the same ole, same ole because I am comfortable with it, and I know the routine.  When things change, I don't like it because (Light Bulb Moment -Ping!) it opens the door for potential screw ups.  Of course everyone messes up now and again, but I hate looking the fool, therefore I don't like to make mistakes.  Especially when someone else might see me make the mistake.  I never realized why I disliked change until today.  Until I'm comfortable with the change, I'll be wary of making mistakes, which will make me seem unsure, which will make me look like a fool.  There you have it.  Give me a few days, then it will be old hat once again. 
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com I need to make phone calls, to family, to friends, and I'm just so not in the mood to talk on the phone.  Mainly because it inevitably requires I speak about Brock and Dee, and quite frankly I'm just too stressed over the entire situation to have to explain his life and his choices and I can't say "Call and ask him" because then I'd have to explain that he doesn't even have a phone.  Sigh.  Calgon take me away!
    I've seen three shooting stars.  That should count for something, right?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home