Secret Garden

Monday, December 26, 2005

Santa Claus is Coming To Town

                      Image hosted by Photobucket.com

    Well, here it is, the dawn of Christmas Eve day.  I couldn't sleep.  I've been awake since about three thirty this morning, but I tossed and turned in bed until five thirty or so.  I think I was afraid I'd over sleep, and I have a ton to do today.  Over-sleeping would have really put a damper on the beginning of the day, but it wouldn't have been the end of the world.  This is ridiculous!  I don't want to be tired all day, and I certainly won't have time for a power nap!
    We have to go grocery shopping this morning on the base, and we want to get there when the store opens to avoid all the crazy last minute shoppers.  We, ourselves, are not last minute shoppers, oh, no!  Ha!  I'll be sure next year to time my bimonthly grocery trips so it doesn't coincide with Christmas weekend!  It just turned out this way, it's a shame, I know, I prefer not to go out at all today!
    We have the "Santa's Cookies" get- together this afternoon.   Bryce's girlfriend will be coming, and Blaine wants to decorate when he gets home from work, and Brock and Dee said they will be here around nine thirty tonight (YAY!!) so we will probably be doing the whole decorating deal in shifts, which is fine by me. I was really hoping Dee and Brock could make it over tonight instead of in the morning.  I am pretty sure Dee was really looking forward to the "Santa's Cookie" event, and I wanted her to be able to participate.  I don't think she's ever decorated cookies before.
    My Mom's package arrived yesterday, and she sent a present for Dee, too.  Wasn't that thoughtful?  I thought so. 


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


    So, today I have to make the Cappucino Cheesecake, the pumpkin pie, and tonight Ihave to make the sticky rolls so they'll be ready to pop in the oven tomorrow morning for our traditional Christmas breakfast of sticky buns, orange rolls, orange juice and coffee.  I'd like to get the house sparkling, but I'm not sure that will happen!  I did tidy up some last night, did a tiny bit of dusting, but I need to vacuum and finish dusting.  (Ick)  The boys need to clean their bathroom, and I need to pull out the hide-a-bed from the couch, remove all crumbs, pens, coins, guitar picks, bird seed, ribbons, bows and various other items that have made their way into the cushions since the last time I cleaned it out.  I need to wash the linens, too, and remake the bed so Brock and Dee have a bed to sleep in.  (His room, i.e. my craft room, is chock full of boxes at the moment.  The tree box, empty boxes from gifts arriving in the mail, etc, that need to be taken to a dumpster.)


 


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


    I'm really excited to be able to put the gifts under the tree tonight.  I'll finally be able to walk through my room without fear of having to go through the obstacle course!  Last night I had switched the light off when I heard someone honking their horn in front of our house.  I made it to the window without incident (It was pitch black in the room, I couldn't peak out the window with the lights on, could I?!) but the trip back I nearly broke my neck a few times.  I did the Tai Chi walk after I smartened up, which is basically putting your foot out in front of you gingerly before you actually step on the foot, thus I made it to the door through the maze without tripping over anything.  I'm such a Nosy Parker, I should have just left the room without looking out the window.  Besides, I should have known it was someone over at the house across the street.  They haven't yet learned if you walk up to the door and ring the bell someone will answer.  Honking profusely is their known method of getting the attention of those inside.  And ... those inside every house in the surrounding area.  Some people are so rude!


 


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


    I'm off to get ready to go grocery shopping.  More later, I'm sure!


 


   


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


P.S.  No, Christa, it wasn't Christmas presents for the new baby, it was presents for a couple of nephews.  Go me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home